Tuesday 20 August 2013

Playing with Markers




Thought I would see if I still remembered how to use my markers and this Miss Anya is probably my favourite stamp for colouring. She's coloured with Copics supplemented with Coloursoft pencils for shading on her skin. The papers are Pink Petticoat and the sentiment by Stamping Up.

I've got about 80 of the possible 180 Copic Ciaos and have been finding this reasonably limiting. I know how can a selection of 80 colours be limiting? I often find I haven't got quite the colour I want, for example I'm never that satisfied with the colours I have to choose from for dark skins, hence the addition of pencil on Miss Anya. In an ideal world I would love to have all 180 colours but I calculate it would cost me at least £230 to get the remaining three sets so I've been considering Spectrum Noirs. I bought the set of 6 red pens in Hobbycraft and you can see my efforts with them in the card below. I don't find them as easy to blend as Copics but I suppose with practice I'd get better and I can get the rest of the 168 colours for less than £130 so I'm thinking they're worth a try. Any how if you've used both Copics and Spectrum Noirs I'd be interested to hear how you find they compare.

5 comments:

Christine Dol said...

Love your cards Julie. I am so glad you commented on my blog. I had lost your blog address! Now I have found you again! Love to see what you create!

debby4000 said...

Love both your fabulous card.
Can't help you about the pens I use pencils.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so gorgeous julie.fab images and designs and your colouring is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards Julie, I love visiting your blog to see your amazing creations!

Vicki x

Sue said...

Both look great to me. I haven't tried Copics because of the expense - I've got most of the Promarkers which I like, but think my Prisma pencils are my favourite colouring medium. Sue.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...