Sunday 24 July 2011

Smile Often


Art Journalling has been around for ages but has never really tempted me because a lot of the creations I see are way too "messy" or "grungy" for my tastes. However this week while browsing the Journalling boards on Pinterest (my newest online time waster :o - loads of crafty inspiration) I discovered this artist and her fresh, clean style inspired me to have a go. As my drawing and lettering skills are not too hot, I created stencils to do the flowers and wording then painted with watercolour crayons. I added some gems and used my fineliner and some stardust pens to add the doodling. I'm quite pleased with end result and will probably be doing some other bits from time to time. Any how that's all for today, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

11 comments:

Christina said...

That is a very beautiful card Julie! Love the blue and pink shades!!
Hugs Kristel

sue said...

beautiful card julie,pretty colours love the little gems sue xx

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful!!! Love your delicate touch with the inks, Jo x

Margaret said...

Lovely card. Very fresh and clean looking as opposed to the grungy look. I must admit to liking the grungy look (as long as there aren't too many paper flowers) but can't do anything which looks good in my eyes. I'm off to look at the links :o)

Elaine Stark said...

This is great and so fresh. I don't like grunge very much either. Elaine

June Nelson said...

LOvely card Julie and so different for you, neverthless just so beautiful anyway. Have a lovely evening xxxxx

Jo Austin said...

Well, what a beauty this is... no good at drawing?? who are you kidding, girl?!

I love it.. love the colours, love the layout, love the wording.. just fab!

Jo x

coops said...

this is beautiful julie.fab pretty colours ;D

xx coops xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Amazing Juli, wonderful. Really gorgeous.
Greet Marja

Vicky Hayes said...

My goodness Julie, you have so much talent. I love this card and agree that grunge can go a little over the top sometimes!

Sue said...

A great creation Julie. I love the colours you've put together. Sue.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...