Wednesday 23 March 2011

Distress Inks

Well it looks like being a lovely day today and I've got a few days off work WHOO HOO!

So when I first got into stamping I used to stamp everything on my cards, including all my background papers. I've been watching a few distress ink tutorials on YouTube and thought I'd revisit my stamping roots with some totally stamped cards. I've used some of the newer, less grundgy distress inks. On both cards once I had coloured my background paper I overstamped with water before stamping again with the inks. I really like the effect. Don't you just love coming up with something this colourful when all you started with was white card and a few inkpads?

The script stamp and sentiment are by Kaisercraft, swirl stamps by Inkadinkado. For my flowers, on the larger card I used the Marianne Poinsettia die, on the smaller, my EK Success Retro Flower punches. That's it! Enjoy your day.

22 comments:

Ruth said...

These are beautiful, Julie!! Very pretty and colourful, Ruth x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, lovely backgrounds.

Christina said...

Woww this is really gorgeous Julie!!
Hugs Kristel

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Julie these are so beautiful. I hope you enjoy your few days off and that the sun keeps shining for you :))

Love Judy xx

The Craft Bucket said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the colours. Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful and very satisfying to make. Elaine

Anonymous said...

Soft and gorgeous, enjoy your few days off!

Deb said...

totally beautiful cards and what fun to play with all your stamps and inks!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Dawny P said...

Fabulous work Julie as always - so very beautiful xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Julie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharon said...

These are beautiful Julie, I love the idea of stamping with water - the effect is fabulous.

Suzie Q said...

Hi Julie,
i am trying to catch up with all my blog buddies and have to say spent the most time on yours ! wow you have really made some stunners of late you have a fabulous style and a lot of patience making all these beautiful flowers - absolutely stunning cards
hope you are well and enjoying this beautiful weatherx
hugs
Suzie Qx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful pair of cards, great colour too :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

wow these are fantastic julie.beautiful colours and i love the effect of the water, looks great :D

xx coops xx

Karen said...

Love the colour. Very pretty cards. Was thinking about getting some distress inks and you have made my mind up. Off to look. Karen x

Pia said...

woooow so beautiful card, lovely colors
hugs Pia

The Crafty Elf said...

Wow...these are gorgeous, so are all your cards. Thank you for commenting on my card at SCS!

Anonymous said...

These are truly `Beautiful` Julie TFI:) xxx

pickle said...

BEAUTIFUL!!
Kerry x

Mary J said...

Wow, these really are beautiful!

Jennifer said...

So, so stunning Julie. The colour is amazing xx Jenny xx

Tammi said...

You created some beautiful backgrounds, stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...