While visiting the StampARTic blog this week I found a tutorial for making these flowers and had to have a go. I'm really happy with the results which you can see on this card made for one of the ladies at church who hasn't been well for a while. The card and flowers have been inked using Old Rose and Burgundy versacolor cubes. The stamped flowers are by the Angel Company and are stamped in Blush Blossom and Mellow Moss SU inks. The sentiment is also by the Angel Company. My pearls have been coloured to match with Copics. The flowers were sprayed with pearl Glimmer Mist, not sure that really shows in the photos.
While we're on the subject of making paper flowers, a couple of people asked how the flower I made for Katy's box was done. (Hopefully you can click on the picture and it will take you to the post so you can see a bigger picture.) A friend of mine very kindly made a video of me making one which I thought I'd share with you. I don't claim to have invented it, I just played about with a couple of techniques I found online. I've used a much bigger punch to make the flower in the video so you have a chance of seeing what I'm doing but the principle is the same. Nor does it really matter if your punch has five petals or six. Once you have the idea you can play around with it to see what works. Hope you find it helpful, have a good weekend.