Wednesday 14 September 2011

Home Made Embossing Plate


Been seriously lacking in mojo lately but I was inspired to have a go at some homemade embossing. You can find all the details here and here at Mel Stampz. For the most part my embossing is a bit lumpy not sure if that's because I didn't follow the instructions or because of the quality of my greyboard. The circles seem to be much crisper and they're cut from some purchased greyboard (chipboard) rather than the back of a 'do not bend envelope' which is what I used for the rest of it. Have die cut some more shapes to have another go, probably at the weekend so watch this space. If you have a go come leave me a comment cos I'd love to see how it works out for you.

18 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

How clever! This looks gorgeous, Jo x

Sasha said...

Your embossing looks perfect to me, Julie. I love your finished card, too. Very elegant:)

pickle said...

What a fab idea. Thanks for the link Julie x

Agnes B said...

very clever:)i love it!!!

amanda stokes said...

Hi Julie,
Gorgeous stunning card,love your homemade embossing plate fab design :) xx

Julie said...

Hi Julie, well I say this is pretty darn fantastic!! Great idea to make your own embossing plate and the white on white is so classy!! Love the label frame too!! Just don't have the time to comment, Julie, but have had a scroll through your recent posts and wow!! So many gorgeous makes - and stunning flowers - your forte!! Hugs, Juliexx

Sue said...

This is great Julie. It's really effective. A really pretty card. Sue.x

Jennifer said...

Wow...this is a fab idea!! xx Jenny xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi julie
How clever is that...Wow!!!!!
must try it ......
Thanks Julie
hugs sylvie
xxx

Christina said...

Woww that is gorgeous Julie!!
Hugs Kristel

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Julie as usual so very stylisch and elegant. Beautiful card !!!!!
Lovely greet
Marja

coops said...

very beautiful and elegant card julie.i love how you have done your own embossing plate ;D

xx coops xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Very classy and elegent ,
stunning card
hugs Dawnxxx

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card - i read about it before, but just never given it a go myself.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lots of lovely makes from you while I've been away, Julie! Love your new frames and well done you for trying out a new technique. I think the softness of the texture of your home made embossing plate is perfect! Hugs, Lesley

mckinkle said...

Amazing Julie! I think yours looks fab!

Thanks for sharing!
Keryn x

Lee said...

WOW,this is so clever.Very pretty card.x

Ewelina said...

Very clever! It work beatifuly with die cuts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...